Friday started out with us discussing the emails which we received from Brian Carpenter addressing the issues concerning part placement and assembly. Once the issues were adequately resolved amongst the team, we proceeded with the assembly of the horizontal stabilizers. We began this process by laying out the parts for the horizontal stab on two separate tables. Once the general shape of the horizontal stab was achieved, we gathered the screws, nuts, and washers that were needed to fasten the parts of the horizontal stabilizer.
When we returned to work on Saturday, January 20th, we discovered that we needed to drill the holes that were required for proper assembly of the horizontal stab, so we spent a solid two to three hours prepping and drilling the leading edge, main spar, and rib tubes. Afterwards, we were able to attach the horizontal stab to the tail boom.
– Dylan F.