E-HAWK is an electric-powered motor glider project taking shape at ‘Iolani School. The aircraft represents an innovative first step in advancing sustainable air travel while exposing students to disciplines in engineering, aviation, and project management.
Phase I of the project will challenge our team of students to fabricate the EMG-6 experimental aircraft kit.
Phase II will demand that our students engineer the electrical propulsion system and custom avionics.
Our ultimate goal will be to fly the aircraft within the Hawaiian islands using only renewable energy.
- Machining Seat Tabs and Control Arms May 20, 2018
- E-Hawk Team @ Hawaii EAA Fly-In May 2, 2018
- Fuselage Frame Progress April 24, 2018
- Horizontal Stabilizer Outboard Rib and Aft Elevator Push-Pull Tubes April 17, 2018
- Elevator Bellcrank Fabrication April 16, 2018